• On March 13, 2003, Marlene Dotson formed The Latina Immigrant Task Force to survey the needs of Latino victims of domestic violence and sexual assault and network with other service providers, by sharing experiences, knowledge, and resources.
• On May 6, 2004, Denise Rodriquez formed the Latino Taskforce on Sexual Assault and Domestic Violence.
• On October 13, 2004, Ms. Dotson and Ms. Rodriquez merged their two respective organizations and Co-founded the Latino Coalition Against Domestic and Sexual Violence.
• In March of 2005, the Latino Coalition was incorporated. Since that time, the Latino Coalition has been dedicated to improving the quality of life for Latino families impacted by domestic and sexual violence.
• In December of 2005, the Latino Coalition received its’ 501 (c) 3 status as a not-for -profit organization.