• We advocate for an increase in bilingual/bicultural direct service staff and administrative level leadership.
• We advocate for culturally responsive programs and policies that adequately meet the needs of our diverse Latino communities in Indiana.
• We advocate for increased funding and allocations of funds for organizational capacity building in serving our rapidly growing Latino population.
Training and Technical Assistance
• We provide cultural competency training related to Latinos and interpersonal violence issues for a wide range of victim service and faith based organizations.
• We provide technical assistance for organizations seeking to create or enhance programs and services for Latino families affected by domestic and sexual violence.
• We organize bilingual media campaigns and regional events to educate Latino youth and adults about interpersonal violence.
• We provide information in Spanish to individuals needing immediate assistance and alleviate cultural and language barriers to accessing services.
• We create regional assistance networks of bilingual/bicultural service providers, community leaders, and volunteers to develop strategies for addressing the local needs of Latino families and filling the gaps in resources.
• We serve as a repository of information about bilingual victim services to Indiana, and literature associated with domestic violence, sexual assault, and children abuse among Latinos.
• We conduct our own research to expand the existing knowledge base and make appropriate recommendations for service Latino families in Indiana.